Understanding Your Teens
Watch time: 4 minutes
It's not easy being a teenager, and it's not easy being the parent of a teenager. Hearing a teen's point of view can help parents better understand the challenges and fears they face. In this video teens share their experiences of what it's like being a teen today and what parents can do to help them address pressures such as:
- Fitting In
- "It's not easy being a teenager. We get so caught up in, like, what other people think about us."
- Mental Health
- "Just because, you know, someone's a 12-year-old girl doesn't mean they can't experience depression or anxiety."
- School and Grades
- "It's like really stressful trying to get good grades, cuz I want to make my parents happy and my teachers happy."
- "When I'm bullied, it makes me feel sad, maybe depressed even."
- Social Media
- "If it's a certain person that has a certain power or amount of following or that you think is really cool and they say something bad about you, it would really hurt your feelings."